Trip to Italy
Here are some tips to help you in your trip to Italy.
1. Prebook your tickets for Colosseum and Vatican Museum so you could skip the long lines.
2. Vatican City takes the whole day to explore.
Vatican Museum - 10:00 - 14:00
St. Peter's Square plus falling in line - 14:00 - 15:00
St. Peter's Dome - 15:00 - 16:00
St. Peter's Basilica - 16:00: 18:00
It might take more depending on your phase.
3. Colosseum takes around 2 hours to explore
4. Palatine Hill and Palatine Forum will both take around 4 hours to explore
5. You can do Mount Vesuvius Trek and Pompei ruins in one day but you need to be early
Mount Vesuvius takes around 4 hours and you can roam around Pompei for the same amount of time.
6. Train tickets are expensive so book it in advance.
7. Florence needs more than 2 days to properly explore the city.
You should book your David of Angelo and Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore ticket in advance.
8. Teatro alla Scalla is well worth it. The most beautiful opera house I've seen.
9. The worthiness of Last Supper is subjective regardless you need to book this way in advance.